New Parenting Books
These new books in the Library tie in with Helping Your Anxious Child, a free public presentation by Dr. John Walker, Psychologist on Thurs. Jan. 26, 6:30-8:00 p.m. at F.W. Gilbert Elementary School. Child care is available with prior registration, phone 204-753-2559 or email email@example.com. The books will be on hand at the presentation and will be available afterward at Pinawa Public Library.
- 1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12 by Thomas W. Phelan
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber
- How to Talk so Little Kids Will Listen: A Survival Guide to Life with Children Ages 2-7 by Joanna Faber
- Parenting a Child Who Has Intense Emotions: Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills to Help Your Child Regulate Emotional Outbursts and Aggressive Behaviors by Pat Harvey
- Screen-smart Parenting: How to Find Balance and Benefit in Your Child’s Use of Social Media, Apps, and Digital Devices by Jodi Gold