eBooks: Downloading to a Computer
Watch a video
from Vancouver Public Library about how to download audioBooks to OverDrive Media Console.
MP3 vs WMA
audioBooks are available in 2 different formats: MP3 and WMA.
- Compatible with most devices, including Mac and Windows computers
- Can be transferred to iPod or other compatible music players
- Can be downloaded directly to mobile devices (such as smartphones and tablets) using the OverDrive Media Console app
- Compatible with just Windows computers
- Can be transferred to an iPod or other compatible music player
Find & Download audioBooks to Your Computer
- In your browser, search for audioBooks through the eLibraries website.
- When you find a book, click on its cover and then “Borrow”.
- If you’re not already logged in, enter your library name and library card number.
- To download audioBooks to your computer, you'll first need to download the Overdrive Media Console (you only need to download this once).
- Then, from your Overdrive bookshelf, click "Download". If offered a choice, select "MP3 Audiobook" and then click "Confirm and Download". Choose to open the file with Overdrive Media Console. Click "okay" or "yes" to any pop-ups that may appear.
Learn how to transfer audioBooks from your computer to an iPod or MP3 player
For further help, visit West Vancouver Memorial Library’s Help Page: BC Library Downloadable Audiobooks
*Please note that the eBook collection is hosted on a Third Party website with its own set of privacy policies.
Find out more: