The Biblio File: Library News
Pinawa Public Library
The Biblio File
October 30, 2017
Life is busy. Here are a few tips on how to add more reading moments to your life:
- Throw your phone into the river. (or at least turn it off)
- Carry a book at all times.
- Have another book (or seven) ready before you finish the first one.
- If you aren’t enjoying a book, stop reading it immediately. Life is too short for unsatisfying reads.
- Schedule one hour a day for reading on your calendar like you would an important meeting. Ideas: commutes, lunch breaks, go to bed an hour earlier (whaaaat?)
- Keep a reading log and share it with your friends and your local library. People love suggestions and might even reciprocate by sending you their favorites to read.
With new shelving comes new space! A sample of our new additions includes The King’s Deception by Steve Berry and The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter in Crime. I’ll Always Have You by Nora Roberts, Tandia by Bryce Courtenay, and One Brother Shy by Terry Fallis in Fiction. The Deep and Stormswept by Helen Dunmore, Crush Control and Lipstick Apology by Jennifer Jabaley and the 5-book Selection series by Kiera Cass in Teen. We have added to the Non-Fiction, Science Fiction and Junior Fiction shelves as well so stop by and fill your book bag!
Have a fun and safe Halloween!