The Biblio File: Library News
November 16, 2020
Nordic Noir, also known as Scandinavian Noir, is a genre of crime fiction usually written from a police point of view and set in Scandinavia or Nordic countries. This type of fiction has proven to be very popular so we have added many new titles to our library. Take a look on our website under “search our catalogue” for the most recent 100 books added, or under “subject” for Nordic Noir. Please reserve your titles and make an appointment for pick-up.
Pinawa Public Library Pick up/Drop off services begin Tuesday November 17, 2020.
Please read carefully, as we have made changes to the way the system was operated in the spring
To reserve items, the following options are available:
- Search our website: https://pinawapubliclibrary.com/ to browse our collection, check availability, and reserve items.
- Email the library with your reservation requests: email@example.com
- Leave a message on the answering machine at the library 204-753-2496. We will return your call when we have time to assist you.
Schedule a pick up time:
After your items have been reserved, send us an email or leave a message on our answering machine to schedule a time slot to pick up your items. We will reply after we have had time to prepare your order.
Items can be picked up during your scheduled time slot at the back door of the Community Centre (across from the arena)
You can let us know when you arrive in one of two ways:
- Call 204-753-2496 from your cell phone
- Ring the handicap buzzer for the back door.
Please stand back a distance of two meters while we bring your order out and place it on a cart by the door. After we go back into the building, you can pick up your items.
- Books can be returned during drop off/pick up hours only
- We will have boxes set up for your returns, at the back door of the community centre.
- Do not touch other books in return box
- Please respect social distancing measures during pickups and returns
There will be no interlibrary loan service at this time.
Pick up/Drop off Hours
Tuesday: 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Wednesday: 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Thursday 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Friday 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 – 4:00 pm